- Click the button above to be taken to the Members Area login page
- Log in to the Members Area using your team membership number and zip code
- In the Members Area, click on the “Team registration” link to start the tournament registration process
To successfully complete the registration process, you will need the following information:
- Your membership name and number as they appear on your membership records
- The email address to which you want any tournament information sent. Check this address regularly!
- Your phone number
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of additional coaches
- Each team member’s name, and grade as of May 1, 2021
- The School each team member is attending
You will receive an email confirmation of the team registration. Payment can be made online with a credit card or by mail, using a check. On the confirmation email, you will find the link for paying online as well as the address to which you should send payment if you are paying by check (make your check payable to NCOM Eastern Region).
|8:30-8:45||Overview of the Online fair, Instructions for joining Zoom sessions|
|8:45-9:30||Zoom Session 1|
|9:40-10:25||Zoom Session 2|
|10:45-11:30||Zoom Session 3|
|11:40-12:25||Zoom Session 4|
- Electricity and Wiring
- From Script to Stage
- Creative Use of Materials
- Balsa Wood
- Spontaneous Skills
- Brainstorming and Time Management
- During registration, you will prioritize the session topics for each team member attending
- When you receive your schedule for the day, you will receive links to the Zoom meeting for each session. Each session has its own Zoom meeting, and unique Zoom meeting link
- The sessions will include hands-on activities. We recommend the team members attend via a device with a large screen (not a cell phone). It may be difficult for team members to see the instructor demonstrating activities on a small screen.
- With some of the hands-on activities, the team members may need assistance from an adult. Having an adult present will help them get the most out of the sessions.
- Once you have registered, you will be contacted via email with more details on the fair, and with an individual schedule for each of your team members for the day.
- Each team member participating will need to supply their own materials that they will use in the sessions. In some cases, to participate in a session, team members will need to purchase items in advance.
|New/Returning Coaches||[PowerPoint]||[Session Video]|
|Problem 1 – OMer the ROMer||[Request from the Problem Captain]|
|Problem 2 – Virtual Odyssey||[Request from the Problem Captain]||[Request from the Problem Captain]|
|Problem 3 – OMER and the Beanstalk||[Request from the Problem Captain]||[Request from the Problem Captain]|
|Problem 4 – It’s a Trap!||[Request from the Problem Captain]|
|Problem 5 – Superhero Socks: A Cliffhanger Beginning||[Request from the Problem Captain]|
|Primary Problem – Animals are People Too!|
|Spontaneous||[Virtual Spontaneous Take-Aways PDF]||[Session Video]|
|Secrets of Balsa||[Session Video]|
|Virtual Competition Tips and Tricks||[Video 1] [Video 2]||[Session Video]|
[Screen Sharing Video]
[Breakout Rooms Video]
|Live Practice Spontaneous||[Session Video]|
|Open Q&A||[Session Video]|
James A. Mourey, from the Illinois Odyssey of the Mind association, has created a series of 15 free videos designed to introduce students, parents, teachers, and coaches to Odyssey of the Mind. These videos are excellent for all teams, and especially for new teams and coaches. Check them out!
- Lesson 1 – What is OM?
- Lesson 2 – What You Will Do in OM
- Lesson 3 – The Long-Term Problem
- Lesson 4 – Creativity and Brainstorming
- Lesson 5 – Solving Your Long-Term Problem
- Lesson 6 – Focus and Style
- Lesson 7 – How to Write a Skit
- Lesson 8 – Building Your Solution
- Lesson 9 – Tweaking for Improvement
- Lesson 10 – Spontaneous
- Lesson 11 – Practice, Practice, Practice
- Lesson 12 – The Paperwork
- Lesson 13 – How to Compete
- Lesson 14 – Understanding Judge Scores
- Lesson 15 – Reflecting on What You Have Learned/Done