Struggling with navigating coaching this season? Join us at 11AM, this Saturday (11/14) in an open Zoom session for coaches to meet up and discuss strategies and issues with coaching in a COVID world. Bring your coffee and your creativity!Join Meeting
|8:30-8:45||Overview of the Online fair, Instructions for joining Zoom sessions|
|8:45-9:30||Zoom Session 1|
|9:40-10:25||Zoom Session 2|
|10:45-11:30||Zoom Session 3|
|11:40-12:25||Zoom Session 4|
- Electricity and Wiring
- From Script to Stage
- Creative Use of Materials
- Balsa Wood
- Spontaneous Skills
- Brainstorming and Time Management
- During registration, you will prioritize the session topics for each team member attending
- When you receive your schedule for the day, you will receive links to the Zoom meeting for each session. Each session has its own Zoom meeting, and unique Zoom meeting link
- The sessions will include hands-on activities. We recommend the team members attend via a device with a large screen (not a cell phone). It may be difficult for team members to see the instructor demonstrating activities on a small screen.
- With some of the hands-on activities, the team members may need assistance from an adult. Having an adult present will help them get the most out of the sessions.
- Once you have registered, you will be contacted via email with more details on the fair, and with an individual schedule for each of your team members for the day.
- Each team member participating will need to supply their own materials that they will use in the sessions. In some cases, to participate in a session, team members will need to purchase items in advance.
Have questions about this unprecedented Odyssey of the Mind season? Join us at 10:00AM on Saturday, October 17 for an open Informational Zoom meeting where official NCOME board members will be available to answer all of your questions!
Class Offerings and Schedule:
Session 1 (Opening Session – 9:00 – 9:30):
– New Coaches
– Returning Coaches
Session 2 (Problem Session – 9:35 – 10:05):
– Problems 1-6
Sessions 3 (Focus Session 1 – 10:10 – 10:40) & 4 (Focus Session 2 – 10:50 – 11:20):
– Secrets of Balsa
– Outside Assistance
– Team Building
– Virtual Competition Tips and Tricks
– Live Practice Spontaneous.
Open Q&A (11:25 – 11:55)
- The Zoom meeting link will be sent to all registered coaches/coordinators prior to the training
- The Zoom meeting will open at 8:50AM to resolve technical issues and test your connection
- As you register for the Coaches Training, please choose which topics you would like to attend for each session. For sessions 3 and 4 (Focus Sessions), please enter your first topic choice in the Session 3 field and your second topic choice in the Session 4 field.
- There is no required registration fee this year for the Coaches Training. Donations, however, would be appreciated to help defray program costs incurred by the NCOM-E board during the 2020-2021 season (suggested donation – $15). For donations, online credit card payments (through PayPal) are accepted (please refer to the confirmation email you will receive after registration for instructions). Thanks for your support!
Join Tom Hansen (Eastern Region Director) this Saturday (9/12) at 1PM for a live Zoom webinar to discuss this year’s Odyssey of the Mind plans and setup!
Meeting ID: 859 8626 4170
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,85986264170#,,,,,,0#,,976061# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,85986264170#,,,,,,0#,,976061# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 859 8626 4170
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcoAMUs9Ih
Two brothers from an NC Eastern Region team have been busy using their creative problem solving skills to help out in Moore County, NC. Check out www.cardsforacomeback.com for a wonderful way they are supporting their local community. As you are able, purchase local restaurant gift cards and regift them to friends and neighbors in need where you live. Everybody wins!
Now, “Team, Begin!!”